Ride with us
This tour is an exploration by foot, train, bicycle and public taxi. By utilizing a diverse number of local transportation options, you will engage more actively with the community. We have created a tour that covers several areas to allow you to explore the history and culture of the township. Throughout the tour, our guides share their own stories which give you a more personal interaction and understanding of the township.
- 5-hour experience
- Maximum 20 people
- 7+ unique stops
- Lunch included
- Cash or card
|09.00 - 14.00
|12.30 - 18.00
|10.00 - 15.00
Tour includes refreshments and entertainment. Please make sure you’re at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time. Be sure to bring extra cash for craft market and for your own comfort please wear proper walking shoes.
You will have a chance to engage in our history and culture through a first-hand experience of the lifestyle in Langa. You will get the opportunity to taste delectable African foods, interact with local community members and be entertained by traditional local music. The tour itself has been developed by young people who reflect the universal aspirations of all people. Our tours have always been well received and ensure visitors receive a comprehensive understanding of this city’s wonderful and diverse cultures.
Preview of our tour stops
- Cape Town Tourism Offices – Meeting place where you have the opportunity to grab a cup of coffee before the start of the tour
- Harlem Avenue - Introduction to the township at Mzansi Restaurant with welcome refreshments and entertainment
- Catholic Church Complex / Initiation school - Important part of our history that explains how we balance traditional Xhosa tradition and religion
- Langa Sport Grounds - Visit the place where local legends have come to play friendly games with Langa residents and where most local turned international athletes were groomed
- Traditional Healer - Interact with a practitioner who fulfils different roles in the community such as healing physical, emotional and spiritual illnesses
- Heritage sites - Amy Biehl Memorial, Gugulethu Seven Memorial, and Hamilton Naki Heritage site