Walk in our shoes
Our itinerary has been designed to expose you to what makes Langa township unique. Throughout the tour, our guides share personal stories, giving you a deep connection and understanding of the local community.
- 5-hour experience
- 7+ unique stops
- Lunch included
- Craft market
- Cash or card
|09.00 - 14.00
|12.30 - 17.30
|10.00 - 15.00
Tour includes welcome refreshments, entertainment and a delicious meal. Please make sure you’re at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time. Bring extra cash if you wish to take home souveniours from the craft market. For your own comfort, please wear proper walking shoes.
Food and entertainment
As a part of the tour, you will get the opportunity to taste traditional, home cooked, South African food at Mzansi Restaurant, Tripadvisor’s #1 rated restaurant in Cape Town, South Africa! You will have the unique opportunity to interact and be entertained by the local marimba band through live music and the patta-patta dance.
Preview of our tour stops
- Cape Town Tourism Offices – Meeting place where you have the opportunity to grab a cup of coffee before the start of the tour
- Harlem Avenue - Introduction to the township at Mzansi Restaurant with welcome refreshments and entertainment
- Catholic Church Complex / Initiation school - Important part of our history that explains how we balance traditional Xhosa tradition and religion
- Langa Sport Grounds - Visit the place where local legends have come to play friendly games with Langa residents and where most local turned international athletes were groomed
- Traditional Healer - Interact with a practitioner who fulfils different roles in the community such as healing physical, emotional and spiritual illnesses
- Heritage sites - Amy Biehl Memorial, Gugulethu Seven Memorial, and Hamilton Naki Heritage site